New white paper explores changes in B2B ecommerce and how to improve performance
Strange has released a new white paper looking at the changing landscape of B2B ecommerce. It collates key findings from numerous recent studies and features the views of a cross-section of companies involved in B2B ecommerce, along with the opinions of advisers and enablers in technology, exports and business. It also gives practical guidance on how to successfully improve B2B ecommerce performance.
Entitled B2B ecommerce – Navigating the Perfect Storm, the white paper looks behind four key factors that are now coming to the fore to create the perfect storm for companies in the B2B sector:
- Expectations for streamlined processes among purchasing teams
- The growing influence of millennials in purchasing decisions
- The expansion of online marketplaces, and
- The rate at which technologies are advancing and converging
Getting your B2B ecommerce strategy right is important as the following stats reveal:
- 89% of B2B purchasing research conducted online
- 46% of purchasing research conducted by 18-34 year-olds
- B2B players using smart technology 15% more profitable
- Only 16% of B2B companies’ customer experience on a par with best in B2C
Concluding with key points to consider for creating a road map to better ecommerce, the main recommendations look at ways to improve B2B ecommerce with speed and agility, with a focus on customer experience and how to build trust digitally.